Any roofing contractor knows that they’ll be quizzed before being given a project to complete. This video looks at exactly what type of questions homeowners should be asking before hiring a roofing contractor for repairs or maintenance. Here are a few.
- What steps will a contractor take to protect the rest of the home? Roofing contractors shouldn’t suggest that any damage they cause is the liability of the owner.
- Ask for testimonials. A trustworthy roofing professional will happily provide references.
- What manufacturer certifications do they have? Only trusted contractors will gain manufacturers’ certifications.
- How does someone contact the company owner? If problems occur, clients should be able to talk to a manager or owner with ease.
- Is there a warranty on the work? A trustworthy roofing contractor should guarantee handiwork for at least 10 years.
- How old is the company? The longer a company has been around, the more likely it is to still be in business in a few months should any problems arise.
- Is the contractor properly licensed and insured? State laws differ on this, so check with local authorities to ensure a chosen roofing contractor is operating legally and safely.
These tips help keep homeowners secure and bring peace of mind when choosing the right roofing contractor! Don’t go it alone! Find someone qualified for the job.